Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dean P Carpousis
Dr. Dean P Carpousis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, VA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Carpousis is affiliated with Inova Alexandria Hospital, Virginia Hospital Center and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Carpousis has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dean P Carpousis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dean P Carpousis has the following 17 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Chest Pain
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
- Exercise Stress Test
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Shortness of Breath
- High Blood Pressure
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Dean P Carpousis has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I've been seeing Dr. Carpousis for over 13 years now and have only the highest praise regarding caring for his patients, his friendly staff, his listening to his patients' concerns, and taking a personal interest in them. The waiting time may be a bit long at times, but I gladly accept it as a by-product of the excellent care and the complete attention that I receive. Thank you, Dr. Carpousis.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Carpousis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Dean P Carpousis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarpousis & Prasad Mds Ltd, 2001 Columbia Pike Apt 131, Arlington, VA
Dr. Dean P Carpousis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.