Dr. Dean Cestari Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Dean Cestari?

Very Thankful

Posted on November 19th, 2017

I can’t thank Dr. Cestari enough for correcting my father’s double vision. My father was about to give up hope after being told by four doctors that his double vision could not be corrected. This is when my family decided to take him to Mass Eye and Ear. We were so impressed with the level of care my father received. He left his first appointment being able to see single, with a temporary fix to his glasses, for the first time in almost 2 years. A few months later Dr. Cestari surgically corrected my father’s double vision. When my father awoke from surgery he was able to see perfect without his glasses. Again, my father and I can’t thank Dr. Cestari and his team at Mass Eye and Ear enough for correcting my father’s double vision and getting his life back.

Surgery Patient

Posted on August 2nd, 2017

Patient, Skilled Doctor

Posted on June 16th, 2017

I experienced excellent care and successful corrective surgery for my double vision. I am fortunate that after years of struggle and endless doctors, my problem was resolved surgically by Dr Cestari. There are no words for the significant improvement of my quality of life. I am a real patient that thanks Dr Cestari and would highly recommend him.

Amazing .

Posted on June 5th, 2017

Dr.Cestari was beyond amazing for the whole experience . I would absolutely recommend him to everyone who has any eye alignment issues .

Posted on September 9th, 2016

All preop appts were good. Each time a different Dr. took readings and each time Dr. Cestari did too--so I knew the readings would be accurate. Surgery went great and recovery id too. He is the best .

Double vision Surgery

Posted on November 26th, 2014

My issue was double vision, went through many many tests prior to seeing him. First visit was 4 years ago and I got prisms for my glasses. Jump to 2 years later and the double vision is more frequent & needed a stronger prism. Just last week I had very successful surgery. Yes the wait time can be long in the office but in the end it's worth it. ( and the drive into Boston horrible). Reminder this is a teaching hospital . Dr Cestari has always been very professional and very pleasant to deal with. He called the day after surgery and so did the hospital the next to see how I was doing. He took the time to answer questions and concerns. I would highly recommend him. And let the staff and any doctor know if your not happy about something, wait time, answers etc. I truly believe they are there to help.

Waste of time.

Posted on May 30th, 2014

Was referred to him because i was told he was the best in the field to diagnose my acute forth cranial nerve palsy. Waited over two hours to see him. No tests were done and was told secondary to diabetes. He was in the exam room for less than 1 minute. I was referred by my ophthalmologist to see him because he thought it was a good possibility that my double vision was caused by MS. Dr. Cestari was informed of this and dismissed it all together. Asking him questions seemed to make him irritable. Years later and newer symptoms and suffering because other doctors didn't look into MS after that because Dr. Cestari said it was secondary to diabetes. I also waited 3 months to see him. Picture going to your normal eye doctor for double vision and getting told that its very common that cranial nerve 4 palsy is caused by MS and waiting 3 months to see a specialist just to be told that its diabetic related. No other doctor would even suggest MS because of Dr. Cestari's findings. Years later after suffering I was diagnosed with MS. Thanks Dr. for wasting my time and making my quality of life worse. Personally I believe that any good reviews are from his staff.

Cestari is fantastic

Posted on August 22nd, 2012

I was extremely pleased with Dr. Cestari and his team. I had surgery for an unusual onset of double vision and I could not be happier with my outcome. Dr. Cestari always took lots of time with me, was pleasant, interested in my problem and was very caring and took my eye problem very seriously. He has a fantastic personality and great sense of humor.

Doesn't live up to the hype

Posted on July 30th, 2012

Dr. Cestari was referred to me as an "expert" in treating my problem. After waiting for nearly an hour, I spent most of the visit being examined by arrogant, cocky, and obnoxious fellows and residents. Dr. Cestari then met with me for around 10 minutes. After ignoring most of my questions and reported symptoms, he told me there was nothing wrong with me. Later visits to a more competent physician yielded a proper diagnosis of a problem that had existed since birth that Dr. cestari missed.

Best doctor in boston!

Posted on June 30th, 2012

Dr cestari is kind, energetic and knowledeable. He fixedMy problem when countless other doctors said nothingCould be done! He is the best!!!

Posted on January 12th, 2012

He is extremely knowledgable and personable.

Fine diagnostician, lovely person

Posted on October 21st, 2010

For more than a decade, top eye specialists couldn't correct two eye problems. Dr. Cestari did. I had a dozen questions and Dr. Cestari encouraged me to ask them all. And what a relief to see well and be fully at ease driving. Dr. Cestari is talented, modest, good-humored and kind. Definitely among the best of Boston.