Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dean T Chang
Dr. Dean T Chang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hamden, CT. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chang is affiliated with Middlesex Hospital, Milford Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Chang has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dean T Chang has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 17
After a 1 hour wait for my initial consultation, I found the initial visit with Dr. Chang to be acceptable and I was encouraged that I found a good doctor. However the follow-through was poor. Dr. Chang had informed me that I needed an endoscope urgently and that his staff would call with an appointment, the staff never called! I was forced to follow-up with the staff. Then I finally rescheduled the endoscope but requested a brief call with Dr. Chang prior to the procedure. He call me back once but I missed his call. I tried him 5 times and never heard back from him. Additionally, Dr. Chang order some additional blood tests to look for other potential cancers and ailments. Again we never received a call to inform us of the blood test results.
Seceral tests are done in this office that patients need to call for results. A wrong result was relayed to me. The right person to call for result had to correct it by calling me again based on my calls. Then the office called the wrong pharmacy. More prescription delays ongoing after frequent follow up by patients. The test was in September, I had to call the office again that I still do not have it in my pharmacy. Obviously, I need to find another doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Chang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Dean T Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Center Of Ct, 2200 Whitney Ave Ste 360, Hamden, CT
Dr. Dean T Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hamden, CT.