Dr. Deanna Guthrie Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Deanna Guthrie?

Go to anyone but Dr Guthrie

Posted on January 9th, 2014

She is lazy and non caring. She screwed up my surgery and I ended up being out 6 months instead of 6 weeks. Also I have a history of breast cancer on my mom's side of the family and she refusing to approve a mammogram.

Posted on October 4th, 2012

Have changed doctors after Dr. Butcher I mean Dr. Guthrie did surgery on me. She did a terrible job at surgery - which I ended up going to a specialist to re-do what she did. Now 6 months later, because Dr. G mistakingly left a part of my ovary, I now have to have surgery again to get the rest of the ovary out that she left. If you are considering using her for surgery, please get a second opinion.

Posted on February 17th, 2012

I had my annual check-up with Dr. Guthrie yesterday. I have a family history of breast cancer, which I have made her aware of at every visit for the past 5 years. At my checkup she said that she felt "fibrocystic changes" in my breasts but that it was nothing to worry about. When the examination was over and I was getting ready to leave she asked if I had any questions, standing up with the door to the room wide open. I asked her if I should get the BRAC analysis since I do have a family history. She said no, not unless the cancer was on my mother's side (the ACS disagrees with her on this, by the way). Once I got home I started researching fibrocystic breasts and what all that meant since she didn't explain anything about it to me. I discovered that she should have sent me for a mammogram right then. I will now be going to a new doctor who has preventive care on her mind, not one where I have to demand even basic tests.

Posted on October 20th, 2010

Dr Guthrie delivered my son. She was negative and pessimistic during my labor. I was in labor for 37 hours and she never made any kind of positive comment towards me. Dr Guthrie embellished the facts towards what she wanted to do to speed up the delivery. She pushed her decisions on me without giving me time to consider (and there was no emergency - everything was looking good on the monitors). I felt she was not helpful in this process and will not return to this provider if I get pregnant again.

Posted on February 15th, 2016