Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah Adcock has the following 2 specialties
- Holistic/Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine specialists focus on treatment plans and practices that target the mind and body in order to treat the whole person. They can advise on holistic and natural remedies, such as massage therapy and acupuncture, as well as issue prescriptions and offer clinical care. By combining clinical and natural care methods, they offer a more comprehensive approach to health that many patients prefer.
They're trained on conventional treatment options and they also study evidence-based alternative treatments to give you more options and they pride themselves on creating closer, more collaborative relationships with their patients. Their expertise includes preventing stress and improving your overall well-being.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Deborah Adcock has helped and guided me and my family for fifteen years in overcoming life long health problems that were rooted in diet which in turn caused systemic inflamation. She has consistently given us the right information to partner with her in our healing process. She empowers the patient to understand how the body functions and what to do to improve health, stamina and quality of life. She is the single most brilliant,well educated and knowledgable doctor I have ever encountered. She is constantly researching to further integrate her vast knowledge for the benefit of her patients. I have recommended Dr. Adcock to all of my friends and family members, because she sincerely cares and will find the solution to problems that other doctors leave unresolved. She is a true resource for those who want to enjoy their life, and are willling to change and educate themselves adequately to make the health oriented changes in diet and lifestyle she recommends.
38 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1978
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Deborah Adcock accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Deborah Adcock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.