Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Deborah H Atkin
Dr. Deborah H Atkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Del Mar, CA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Atkin is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Atkin has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Deborah H Atkin has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Diseases
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Surgery
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have been seeing Dr. Atkin for about 10 years and she is by far the best Dermatologist in town. She is very knowledgable and has a great bedside manner. She always takes amble time to answer all of my questions and it is apparent that she really cares for her patients. I have referred many of my friends and they all thought she was great. I love the staff as well. They are very nice and helpful.
Overall great experience. Felt like my questions and concerns were addressed. Staff was friendly- as was the doctor. She is very knowledgable and seems very competent. The visit was a little long, but they accomodated me by seeing me last minute- so I went in knowing I was "worked in" I had my procedure that day( also they were great in accomodating my schedule), and the nurse called me the next day to follow up and make sure I was healing well! She was friendly and helpful and the phone call really gave me the sense that I was being cared for.Definately not a an assembly line, or cookie cutter practice. I will be back to see them again.
Dr. Atkin is great doctor! I called for a last minute appointment for an acne emergency and she graciously saw me over her lunch hour. I had heard wonderful things about her from friends that are patients- and they all proved true! Not only does my skin look great now, she helped me find a great OB/GYN and Dentist!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Atkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Dr. Deborah H Atkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology & Laser Del Mar, 12865 Pointe Del Mar Way Ste 160, Del Mar, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deborah H Atkin in this video.
Dr. Deborah H Atkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Del Mar, CA.