Dr. Deborah Smith Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Deborah Smith?

Posted on December 19th, 2016

I couldn't disagree anymore with the two other patients comments. I have been with Dr. Smith for over 10 years and she has been nothing but compassionate and present. She listens to everything I say with great care and answers my many questions in a language that I can understand. If I don't understand she finds another way to explain the answer to me until I do. It is too bad these other people have not had great success with Dr. Smith I however have. I have found her to be professional but with a sense of humor and kind. When I see her I feel that she genuinely does care. I trust her completely.

Stand off-ish

Posted on May 31st, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Smith after receiving a cancer diagnosis. During our first meeting, I quickly sensed a lack of emotional connection from her. That prompted a search for an oncologist at Baystate Health in Springfield. I found the right doctor there. Dr. Smith is better suited for laboratory work.

An old-fashioned doctor--a bit old school

Posted on July 3rd, 2012

I've had Deb Smith as my oncologist for a few years now but am changing to Dr. Lindsay Rockwell. Dr. Smith is an excellent doctor, but a bit cold. Though she has her better moments, she tends to be brusque, arch, and once said to me, "We could talk about this till the cows come home" (and then left the room) when I was trying to sort through a difficult decision regarding cancer treatment. Though she's a good cancer fighter, she does not tend to patients emotionally (though I believe she does try to some degree.) I also felt a bit like I was a part of the cancer patient assembly line whenever I saw her--because she's so officious, and also because the examining rooms are so tiny (and you can hear her seeing patients in other rooms.) She's also the kind of doctor who cannot apologize or admit that she's made a mistake, and there were a few instances when this was called for. Dr. Smith is great for anyone who wants "The Boss" for a doctor. In some ways I'll miss her, but over the years I have caught myself thinking that I didn't want to have a cancer recurrence on her watch. Now I have someone that I like ever so much better.

Posted on October 19th, 2017