Dr. Deborah A Nagle Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Deborah A Nagle?

Mishandling

Dr. Nagle operated on me for a simple removal of a polyp. She disappeared for a week. I was discharged, sent home and ended up in the ER with a perforated bowel. Three surgeries later I ended upm with an ostomy.

Not respected as a person

Dr. Nagle is a technically skilled surgeon. However, (i) there was almost always a significant wait to see her for office visits, a couple of times when I was in severe pain, (ii) BIDMC patient rooms are substandard, (iii) in contrast to other times when I have been an inpatient and saw my surgeon daily, Dr. Nagle visited me only 2-3 times per week and (iv) questions that we asked or wanted to ask seemed to be often ignored or responded too only after a significant delay. I felt that to Dr. Nagle and her residents I was seen as an object or specimen rather than a person.

Great care

Fantastic doctor. From first visit to final post-op visit every aspect of my care was exceptional. I would highly recommend Dr Nagle.

Dr. N's mishandling of the case caused me to endure unnecessary pain and spending a month in the hospital, after releasing me under my protest, I was rushed to ICU near death. I urge everyone to stay away from this woman

Outstanding, caring doc!

WONDERFUL DOCTOR

I just adored Dr. Nagle. She was professional, competent, down-to-earth and warm. I found her easy to engage and very personable in every way. The surgery went very well and my recovery has been fine. I highly recommend her.

Cancer Cured.

A professional and highly skilled surgeon who helped our family through a very difficult time when my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer. Can not say enough about the care we recieved from Dr. Nagle and her competent staff.

Dr. Nagle is the very best!!! Her surgical skills, knowledge, and expertise are amazing. And above & beyond all this, she is a terrific person. Some surgeons have a superior attitude in general; Dr. Nagle does not, she is quite the opposite ,down to earth and a regular person---interested in the whole patient not just the surgical issues at hand. She exudes a confidence which translated to me as a prospective patient, the feeling of being in very capable hands both before and after my successful surgery. I would strongly recommend Dr. Nagle to any one needing colon--- rectal surgery----my experience is that there is none better!

Personal care and concern

Dr. Nagle was wonderful from the first office visit to my post op follow-up appointments. She called me at home to check my sprits and treated my family with kindness in the waiting room after my surgery. I would recommend meeting Dr. Nagle and her confidence and experience is amazing. I cant say enough about her, Dr Nagle helped me with my diagnosis.

Best doctor I have ever dealt with

She is always on time. Made a point of speaking with me before surgery which calmed me. The surgery was a success and the follow-up meetings always helpful. I further observed her dealings with two other very ill roommates and was amazed at how kind and caring she was with those two as well. She is a true healer.

Never before had I encountered a doctor so rude and with such lack of bedside manners! Not only did she not listen to my questions, never letting me finish what I had to say, she pretty much yelled at me like I was a little kid and then stormed out of the room! My experience with her was so bad I am considering changing hospitals, and I have been going to the same hospital for over 20 years!

Horrible & Heartless

A family member of mine went in for a simple procedure with Dr. Nagle over 5 months ago and has since had to have four surgeries to correct Dr. Nagle's mistake. My mom is still not sure if she will ever be cured. Dr. Nagle has absolutely neglected and dismissed her responsibility as not only a doctor, but as a caring person. The entire staff is disingenuous...do not let them fool you and lure you in. The secretary, Christina, was especially rude and condescending. Never have I seen a more unprofessional practice. If you are reading this and considering going to Dr. Nagle, please think twice and DO NOT let yourself or your loved one go through with ANY type of procedure. (I would not have given her a single star, but that was not an option.)