Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Deborah K Oh MD
Dr. Deborah K Oh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Mesa, CA, with other offices in La Mesa, CA and La Mesa, CA . Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Deborah K Oh has 3 locations
5525 Grossmont Center Dr
La Mesa, CA 91942
5525 Grossmont Center Dr Fl 4
La Mesa, CA 91942
5525 Grossmont Center Dr Fl 1
La Mesa, CA 91942
Book Online Now
Dr. Deborah K Oh has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Deborah K Oh has the following 14 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Deborah K Oh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deborah K Oh - Posted on August 8th, 2016
I was referred to Dr. Oh by my primary doctor, Dr. Mugol. Dr. Mugol ordered a ct scan of my stomach as I was having a lot of symptoms one being stomach pain and nausea. The ct scan found a 1 cm nodule on my right adrenal gland, and my stomach was fine. So he referred me to Dr. Oh. My first appointment with her was great. She listened to my concerns and symptoms and ended up ordering all kinds of blood work. That blood work led to other testing being ordered to see if the nodule was causing the adrenal to produce too much cortisol. While testing I did some research of my own so as to understand what the tests ment and what I could possibly have. Dr. Oh and I communicated online through the health portal about my tests and concerns. I asked her if she was looking at possible Cushing's and she said yes. After a few tests were a bit on the high side she said we would have to keep an eye on things and continue to test for 3 to 4 years. I felt more testing needed to be done to rule in or out Cushing's. I drew up a letter online asking for more tests and why I felt they were needed. I have to say I was expecting her to say no to more testing, but was pleasantly surprised that she agreed and ordered more. As of now a few of the tests were on the high side of normal, but others were normal. My second appointment I went in with all my symptoms on paper as well as all the tesing results. I asked her to go over each result so I could understand them. She had no problem doing so. I was also able to show her some physical symptoms at this time, which she made note of. When I pointed out that previous testing done before her showed my white blood count and calcium being consistently high for some time, she ordered more testing to check my parathyroid, calcium and vitamin D. I am now diagnosed with hypercalcemia and primary hyperparathyroidism. We are now doing a work up into looking at these issues. She ordered a parathyroid scan to which I am waiting for a call to schedule. I feel like I am in great hands as this time, and appreciate Dr. Oh's responsiveness, listening, and time. Hopefully the work up into the parathyroids will help to get me fixed. Thank you Dr. Oh for listening and following through.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deborah K Oh - Posted on August 4th, 2015
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Deborah K Oh Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Deborah K Oh
Dr. Oh is a clinical endocrinologist and Associate Clinical Professor at UC San Diego. She sees patients with a variety of endocrine conditions including diabetes mellitus and disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary, and adrenal glands. Dr. Oh is experienced in managing patients with thyroid cancer and regularly performs in-office ultrasound-guided thyroid biopsies. Dr. Oh has a strong interest in diabetes and is experienced in using insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring. She is also an advocate for inpatient diabetes management and is currently working with the hospitalists on developing inpatient protocols for glycemic control. Dr. Oh sees patients at both the Hillcrest Medical Offices South and Perlman Ambulatory Care Center, and oversees medical students, residents, and endocrinology fellows at the teaching clinic within the Hillcrest Medical Offices South.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Deborah K Oh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.