Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah A Scott has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
- High-Frequency Ventilation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
We have been going to Dr. Scott since my son was born in Jan. 2011. Dr. Scott was recommended to us by a couple in our Labor Support class. We had no clue where to start looking for pediatricians since this was our fist child, so we just went with the recommendation. From the first meeting at the hospital to our latest 18 month check-up, we have been totally pleased with Dr. Scott. She has a gentle way about her and you just know she cares about your child and her profession. I fully trust her professional opinion and would recommend her to any first timers or anyone looking for a new pediatrician.
The Lake Norman area and more importantly her patients are lucky to have her. With 30 yrs. experience there is not much that she hasn't seen and more importantly quickly identifies and treats effectively. As a parent with a special needs child with unusual medical issues and a few other regular needs ones as well having a physician that can use experience and knowledge to keep them all healthy is extremely important to me. She understands the issues has made some excellent referrals (she has been around and knows who is who) and relates to the children, making them feel comfortable and not afraid to tell her or us about any medical concern. Oh, and if you have to wait a while to see her, just like anything there is a good reason that she is busy. She spends the right amount of time and is in demand.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Scott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Deborah A Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Lake Pediatrics, 9625 Northcross Center Ct Ste 201, Huntersville, NC
Dr. Deborah A Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntersville, NC.