Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah L Sommer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I have nothing but positive comments about Dr. Sommer and her staff. We had an emergency situation arise and Dr. Sommer was there to save our baby's life. When it really counts, please believe me that you will want to best doctor right there with you. There are a lot of great doctors out there, but Dr. Sommer is one of the top docs to choose from.
Doesn't recommend or offer prenatal care as in preconception care you have to do your own research and and bring it to her and ask questions because she doesn't offer any prior getting your body ready months before trying to get pregnant which any moron knows you need to take precautions and vitamins and she was completely unknowledgeable about what vitamins were best for me. I was told one medication was okay to take while I was pregnant then found out a week later she changed and had the nurse tell me I can not take it during pregnancy. So my baby could be harmed and if I didn't do my thorough investigating I would not have known to tell my own dr what I needed!
This doctor was terrible at handling my labor/delivery. I went for 32 hours after my water broke in labor. Epidural did not work (not her fault), was in agonizing pain, but fought with my husband and me to not do a C-section. Baby was 9.5 pounds, was not BUDGING, and something had to be done. Finally did surgery. Then she told me after the fact had no idea baby was so big, and I would have not been able to deliver vaginally anyway. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Deborah L Sommer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUpmc Magee Womens Hospital, 300 Halket St, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Deborah L Sommer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.