Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Deborah Sturgis-Hinton
Dr. Deborah Sturgis-Hinton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Riverside, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sturgis-Hinton is affiliated with Advocate Christ Medical Center. Dr. Sturgis-Hinton has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Deborah Sturgis-Hinton has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Deborah Sturgis-Hinton has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Deborah Sturgis-Hinton has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Sturgis-Hinton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Deborah Sturgis-Hinton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Deborah Sturgis-Hinton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, IL.