Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Deborah Wagenaar
Dr. Deborah Wagenaar, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lansing, MI, with other offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Grand Rapids, MI (and 1 other location). She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Wagenaar is affiliated with Sparrow Ionia Hospital, Clinton Memorial Hospital and Sparrow Hospital & Health System. She speaks English.
Dr. Deborah Wagenaar has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Deborah Wagenaar has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Deborah Wagenaar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Wagenaar is top of the line in my opinion. She is most concerned about her patients, gives them all the time they need and considers all aspects of their situation. She has been managing my meds for depression for 5 years and I feel she is with me all the way. Tweaking dosages as needed. They don't come more caring and knowledgeable than Dr. Wagenaar.
Dr. Wagenaar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sparrow Ionia Hospital
Clinton Memorial Hospital
Sparrow Hospital & Health System
Ingham Regional Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Michigan State University
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Deborah Wagenaar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lansing, MI.