Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Debra R Crites-Sams has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
I have been a patient of Dr Sams for over 10 years, and she is also the dr of my parents for over 20 yrs. I can't say enough about Dr Sams, she is the most wonderful Dr I have ever been too, she cares about her patients, and spends all the time you need with her, which is the reason for the long waiting times, because she gives every patient the time they need. I have never minded the wait because she is the best. Her diagnosis are always correct. When my father passed away she stayed right by his side until the end. When we cried, so did she. She is sincere with her sympathy as well. If she ever retires, I don't know what I would do, she's so easy to talk to, and you can tell her anything, without being embarrassed at all. I love Dr.Sams.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Debra R Crites-Sams accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDebra C Sams Do, 1478 Maplewood Ave, Ronceverte, WV
Dr. Debra R Crites-Sams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ronceverte, WV.