Dr. Debra Duxbury Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Debra Duxbury?

Posted on May 25th, 2016

She flat out told me that "if I stopped taking my medication, then she cannot see me anymore." Clearly she is only interested in prescribing you medications for the money aspect.

Wonderful and caring!

Posted on December 13th, 2011

I absolutely love Dr. Duxbury. She is a wonderful and caring doctor that always make sure that she does what is best for the patient. She is capable, competent, and compassionate.

I agree with "Doesn't care about patients"

Posted on May 14th, 2011

I had almost the same experience as the person whose rating was titled "doesn't care about patients." In addition, under her care, I became more dysfunctional than I have ever been in my life. I was hospitalized four times under her care in the 14 months that I was her patient!! She was too careful to try new meds at first. Then, once I thought I had a good combo, she decided to change them - right when I was going through a stressful family situation! I have had bad psychiatrists in my 10 years of psychiatric treatment (and very good ones too), but this one ruined my self-esteem, career potential and reputation. I was on my way to get a PhD, but now I'm applying for disability.

Doesn't care about patients

Posted on March 18th, 2010

I went to Dr. Duxbury after being on the same medication for 5-6 years. I also have a VNS. And an eating disorder. Not only did I have to fight with her every single time to get my medication that I had documented proof I was on, but with two months to go before I left the school she decided to WITHHOLD medication from me! She said it was because I wouldn't step on a scale (she gave it to me in the past without). I was accepted into a doctoral program at another University and was extremely upset that she would put it at risk. In addition, I find her bedside manner horrible with her become upset with me at every visit (I admit I do get upset when I don't know if I'm going to have my meds month to month as it causes extreme anxiety). I would NEVER recommend her to anyone and hope that no one has to endure what I have!

Posted on December 8th, 2014