Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Debra N Goldson-Prophete has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Debra N Goldson-Prophete has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Smoking Cessation
- Preventive Medicine
Showing 5 of 49
I've been there twice and had to wait nearly 2 hours each time. I didn't even see the doctor (saw the physician's assistant, who wasn't too impressive). Staff seemed negative and disorganized. I'm very disappointed since the doctor sounded great. I wonder, though, if she has such alow-quality office staff. I do not recommend this office at all.
I've only been a patient for about 2 years. Year one was okay, short wait time for appointments. Today.... I'm currently on hold (as I type this, for the 2nd time) for a total of 20 mins and counting JUST to schedule an appointment. This really busy office has 2 doctors and only 1 receptionist. She's a really nice woman but she is clearly overworked and overwhelmed. When I called for my appointments, both times she just immediately said "hold please", placed me on hold and had not returned yet. I wonder how many other people are currently on hold. I will be looking for a new doctor later this week. If it takes all of this just to schedule an appointment for my blood work then I don't want to be bothered.
I've been going to Dr Goldson's office for over a year When I first started going to Dr. Goldson I was having serious problems controlling my asthma. Both she and Jennifer, her P.A. prescribed the right medication to control it . Today, I am pretty much symptom free. I hardly think about it at all. Her front desk receptionist Natasha is always helpful too.
21 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1997
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Debra N Goldson-Prophete accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGoldson Medical Associates, 20 Valley St Ste 320, South Orange, NJ
Dr. Debra N Goldson-Prophete is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Orange, NJ.