Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Debra Hutjens
Dr. Debra Hutjens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Rosedale, MD. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Hutjens is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Hickman Community Health Services. She speaks English.
Dr. Debra Hutjens has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Debra Hutjens is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Hutjens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
Hickman Community Health Services
11 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Debra Hutjens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Debra Hutjens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.