Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Debra K Michel has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Showing 5 of 25
I did not feel that Dr Michel placed sufficient value on what I said, regarding my symptoms. I've suffered from an apparent auto-immune disorder, with frequent attacks, for the last two years, each lasting months. She was amiable, but dismissed my condition, offering no meds or treatment. I'd waited for about six weeks to see her, looking forward to getting some help. In minutes, she dismissed what I reported. I felt left out in the cold.
Rude and disappears with no explanation. Book smart obviously but practical knowledge not impressive. Sjogrens, RA, hashimotos thyroiditis and fibromyalgia. Tried 1 medication with severe reactions. Was told if I can't take that medicine there's nothing she can do. Not good with autoimmune issues and comes across as arrogant.
until I had the second worst experience with dr. Michel I reviewed her reviews by patients. I find that I am NOT the only one that finds her insensitive uncompassionate unprofessional downright rude and unprepared even on a follow up visit. she had the nerve after making me wait nearly an hour and a half after her interrogation of me she left the room without summation nor prognosis to find out she was in with another patient! Even her assistant didn't even know why or where she had gone. last time I will ever tolerate such nonsense. She needs to see someone professional about her mental state and attitude towards patients. This woman is dangerous!
36 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Riverside Methodist Hospital
Locations & DirectionsBanner University Medical Center South, 2800 E Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Debra K Michel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.