Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Debra L Stewart has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Debra L Stewart has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Debra L Stewart has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 28
Calls are not returned. I had an ultrsound and two weeks later the office still had not called with results. I called the office and they said they would have to get back to me later. Same thing happened with my mammogram. I waited over a week for results. I called John muir imaging and they said the doctor had the results a week ago. I left a message for three consecutive days with no call back from Dr. Stewart's office. Finally on the fourth day I went into the office. The receptionist said,"We only call if there is a problem". Really?? Couldn't you have told your patients that and return calls after the first message left??
I went to see her to follow up on a pelvic ultrasound my PCP had ordered. I had a COMPLEX cyst on my ovary. I waited about 3 weeks to get in to see her, which was fine, but then they had to reschedule that visit, which put me out another couple weeks. Every time I have called her office, nobody answers the phone, puts you straight to voice mail. AT my first (and last) appt., I asked the front desk what a convenient time to call was during business hours as I had noticed that they do not answer their phone. She explained to me that they were short staffed and therefore could not always answer. Ok, I understand that (Hey, I work in a medical office myself). I was very nervous about my cyst and rightfully so after reading up on it over the internet on multiple websites, so I had expected the dr. may be concerned about it as well. Not so, she completely shrugged it off and told me it was no big deal. I had to beg her just to write me another requisition to have a repeat ultrasound of my pelvis in 3 months to ensure this was a "simple" cyst as she thinks it is. She had no bedside manner, and acted like I was a "know it all" kind of person. She had to step out of the room during my appt. to compose herself because I was so insistent on following up on this cyst. When she returned to my room, she had a Little more bedside manner, and then explained to me that perhaps there was a blood vessel next to the ovary that was being misinterpreted as the possible solid matter that may explain why they called it a complex cyst. She ends up giving me the new order for a repeat pelvic ultrasound and advises that i do it after 3 menstrual cycles (which is the correct thing to do). After leaving the appt.; I look closer at the written order... it is for an ultrasound of my breast! How can you confuse that??? Ugh... long story short... not a good doctor, Zero Compassion, Zero Bedside manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Stewart is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Western University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Debra L Stewart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDebra L Stewart Inc, 3700 Sunset Ln Ste 7, Antioch, CA
Dr. Debra L Stewart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Antioch, CA.