Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Debra K Strauss has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Debra K Strauss has the following 8 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Debra K Strauss has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 4
I accompanied a co-worker to his first visit with Dr. Strauss after his Primary Doctor found abnormalities in his lab results. For the past 6 months my co-worker has been declining cognitively and for the past week, literally non functional. For starters, Dr. Strauss was unfriendly and became almost insulting as the consult continued. She clearly stated she was not going to admit him to a hospital nor was she going to order any tests. She recommended he see a Neurologist (which would have been a logical recommendation had my friend not been so severely impaired at this point). After leaving her office I drove him to a hospital in N.J. where he is currently admitted and on IV antibiotics.
33 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Debra K Strauss accepts the following insurance providers.
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Debra K Strauss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pomona, NY.