- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Debra A Welker has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Debra A Welker has the following 16 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Debra A Welker - Posted on July 24th, 2012
Dr Welcker was fantastic during my father Dave Irvings cancer. He has since passed away as of May 9,2012. I would like to say how easy it is to speak with her and she explains everything you ask her. She not one time made me feel uncomfortable. My father also spoke very highly of her before his passing. She is a true ASSET to the medical field.
Dr. Welker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1992
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Debra A Welker Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Debra A Welker's office for more information.
1221 Pleasant St Ste 100 Des Moines, IA : (515) 282-2921
Locations & DirectionsMEDICAL ONCOLOGY AND HEMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES, 1221 Pleasant St Ste 100, Des Moines, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Debra A Welker, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Des Moines, IA, in this video.
Dr. Debra A Welker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.