Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deena M Athas has 2 locations
1015 Chestnut St Ste 1020
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Book Online Now
Dr. Deena M Athas has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Deena M Athas has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 1 of 1
Waste of Time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deena M Athas - Posted on August 18th, 2016
It amazes me that this, "doctor," was given a medical degree. Upon initial confrontation she came off with a condescending demeanor and claimed all my symptoms were, "in my head." She couldn't even acknowledge the symptoms that were associated with a common disease. Being a clinical instructor I feel bad for her students who will share the same attributes as this "doctor." Please don't waste your time here.
15 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2003
Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Deena M Athas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
Gundersen Health Plan
- Gundersen Health Plan Select Network
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Deena M Athas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.