Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deepa M Shah has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Deepa M Shah has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Deepa M Shah has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Deepa M Shah is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Wasn't please with her at all. When you just had a baby (your first) and you are rushed to pediatrics because your baby has jaundice, the last thing you need is a condescending doctor(and nurses) who thinks that because you are from a developing country you are ignorant. Well if you took the time to know me before judging me I have a masters degree in engineering and I just moved to the US from France where I used to work....I was tired and scared because of my son's condition and the condescending tone and stares didn't really help . It's really a shame because my delivery went well and all the staff at the birthing were great but the pediatrics "sejour" really spoiled my new mom experience... Dreadful experience really....
Dr. Shah is the best doctor you can expect when your little one is sick and needs accurate diagnosis. She is very knowledgeable, professional, and patient. She gives very thorough exams and answers all the questions you can have for her. She's very busy and, on a busy day, it may take a long time to see her if your kid's condition is not considered urgent. But she never rushes you during the meeting and spends a lt of time trying to give the best care to the kid. We are very grateful for her care to our 10-month old girl.
Dr. Deepa M Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Locations & DirectionsInova Loudoun Hospital, 44045 Riverside Pkwy, Leesburg, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deepa M Shah in this video.
Dr. Deepa M Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, VA.