Dr. Deepa Padia Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Deepa Padia?

A relief to have found Dr. Padia and staff!

Posted on August 28th, 2017

I am relieved to have found Dr. Padia. With the cattle drive feeling one gets at so many doctors offices these days, I was very concerned about finding a good doctor after my recent relocation to San Antonio. She listened with the attention and concern I desperately hoped for as I am a new mom with concerning health symptoms. After explaining my issues, she discussed her thoughts and plan of action and submitted a referral for a specialist for further investigation. I am feeling confident that my issues will be handled. (I've heard horror stories and was so worried I wouldn't be heard.) I met her at the Medfirst Hausman office. The staff was also EXTREMELY sweet and helpful. Not rushed and so stressed as the first Medfirst office I visited! I've since switched my husband to Dr. Padia and will be referring her to all my friends. As a side note...I am not one to write reviews but Dr. Padia and staff took such a huge load off my shoulders by just doing what they do so well. This experience just had to be shared!

Current Patient

Posted on November 19th, 2015

Dr. Padia is an excellent doctor. Initially when I started to see her, her bedside manner was horrible, but over time she has developed the skills necessary when it comes to being caring and compassionate. With regards to her doctor ability, she is amazing. She never leaves any stone unturned and is always determined to provide the best care and in the end find out why and how to fix medical issues. The main receptionist that checks patients in is clueless when it comes to customer service and putting the patient first....and is what I personally struggle with in going to the office.

Worst staff personnel in all of the San Antonio area

Posted on June 10th, 2015

We have had several appointments with Dr. Padia since they changed to the new ownership and the office staff is horrible. Today they told me I could not be seen because I did not report early enough (they never told me to). The window lady said they left me a message - at the wrong telephone #! It wasn't even in the right area code. So, not my fault but she basically said tough they are over booked and brushed me off. This is the second time they have done this: they messed up and I pay with my time and travel! We are looking for a new doctor that does not have goons for staff.

Posted on March 10th, 2015

She was impatient, non-understanding, and non-compassionate. I would not recommend! Probably worst doctor I've seen!

excellent caring doctor

Posted on June 24th, 2014

She genuinely cares about her patients and makes sure that nothing is missed. I have used her for many years and a few chronic illnesses . having said that she is one of the 2 doctors that I have found to be so caring in my 30 years of seeing family practice doctors. I am actually the difficult one who generally forgets to schedule my follow up visits and she puts up with me waiting till I am really sick before going in. AGAIN, EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!

family member

Posted on March 16th, 2013

Kind, caring listens to my mother's concerns. follows up on patient care even to the point of calling on a weekends to see how she is doing. Extremely compassionate. Is wonderful with elderly patients and listens to family members concerns.

inconsiderate doctor

Posted on March 13th, 2013

I've seen Dr Padia several times and always had a long wait and experienced her rolling her eyes at me, cutting me off, not caring to discuss my symptoms, and telling me to address one issue per appointment, horrible horrible doctor, reconsider or suffer.

Horrible office policies

Posted on November 8th, 2012

I arrived 15 minutes early for my new patient appointment to fill out the paperwork and was turned away!!! They said all new patients have to be 30 minutes early or will be rescheduled. That sure would have been nice to know. On top of that, I had fasted since the night before because they were supposed to draw blood. I also noticed on their receptionist window a sign stating additional fees ($15, $45) for them to fill out paperwork for FMLA, letter, physicals, etc. Never again will I step foot in that office.

Worst Doctor Visit Ever

Posted on May 16th, 2012

This is the worst doctor I have ever seen. She has no bedside manner at all, seems incompetent (couldn't even diagnose strep throat!), has ridiculous wait times, no understanding for fear of needles, and just... ugh!I had the first appointment of the day, set up so that I, hopefully, wouldn't have long to wait and could go to class. I got there 30 minutes early and an hour AFTER my scheduled appointment time I was still waiting for her. I went in about headaches. She immediately jumped to cancer, rather than addressing the TMJ I thought might be the problem. I paid money I didn't have for a CAT scan I didn't need because she got me all freaked out. Then I waited for almost TWO WEEKS for results when it should've been a few days. She wouldn't tell me over the phone and had me come in. I paid $40 just to have her tell me I didn't have cancer and she had no idea what was wrong with me. 5 minutes after an hour wait. Went to another doctor and found out it was my TMJ.I also have a fear of needles and when I went in for blood work I told her so. She acted like I was going to flip out on her and even though I assured her that all I needed was for the Phlebotomist to talk to me, they strapped me into this table where I couldn't move. Yeah, that help my fear. At least I was so nervous that my heart was working double time and they got the blood quickly. Horrible experience.My family has never had a visit where we didn't wait less than an hour, she couldn't identify strep throat in my brother (we knew what it was but had to have an appointment for the antibiotics), and took so long seeing my brother that his appendix almost ruptured. DO NOT GO TO HER!!

Posted on September 5th, 2011

I completely disagree with the other reviews. I have been a long time patient with Dr. Padia. She goes far and beyond her practice as a Doctor. I really can't praise her enough as a caring human being. I have never had a problem seeing her as I use to go one to every two weeks.

Posted on July 20th, 2011

I agree with the person saying to reconsider her. She is impatient and does not listen well at all. I've had difficulties getting into see her and often end up seeing a PA. Front office staff is great, except for schedulers - they always seem disgruntled and it's very clear they know nothing, but how to scheudule an appointment.

Posted on March 25th, 2011

After being seen in an ER for a health issue I went to Dr Padia to follow up as the issue had not resolved itself. Instead of REALLY listening to the series of events and forming an idea, she automatically went to worse case scenario. Now I have to pay a large amount of money to cover an exam that wasn't needed. She also prescribed me medications that are contraindicated by another medication I am currently on. The office staff is pleasant enough but the nursing staff is questionable.