Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Dejuania A Brown has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dejuania A Brown has the following 13 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Interventional Oncology
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 4 of 7
Dr. Brown talks fast and seems impatient when family asks questions. On my brother's last appointment she didn't seem to have much compassion towards him. She was quickly in the room and out. She seemed rude. She didnt even tell him to take care as she left the room. It sure isn't a way to act towards someone with cancer. Very disappointing
I would never recommend Dr. Brown to anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer. She provides very superficial care and is not interested in explaining any of your tests or test results. She rushes through the appointment. She has given me inappropriate responses to my commments, which makes me feel that she didn't really listen to my voiced concern. She makes a lot of assumptions. She did not take my latest medical complaint seriously and did not order the medical test that I obviously needed. She does not explain my blood test results even though I ask. I have had a great concern for the level of fatigue that I have had for over a year, but she ignores my concern. She treats me like I don't need much care because I was one of the lucky ones! I don't feel assured that she would be able to diagnose any new cancer in my body. I don't think that she is even interested in cancer patients at all. Don't waste your time or money on this doctor.
14 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Dejuania A Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsASSOCIATES MEDICAL SPECIALISTS PA, 8121 Rourk St, Myrtle Beach, SC
Dr. Dejuania A Brown is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Myrtle Beach, SC.