Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Delbert L Chumley
Dr. Delbert L Chumley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chumley is affiliated with St Lukes Baptist Hospital and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Dr. Chumley has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Delbert L Chumley has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Delbert L Chumley has the following 22 expertise
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Crohn's Disease
- Colorectal Cancer
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Fatty Liver
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Capsule Endoscopy
Showing 5 of 7
I've been a patient of Dr. Chumley for over 10 years & he is very knowledgeable. He's been treating my GERD & Hiatal Hernia all these years. Until there is a proven safe surgery for the hiatal hernia, i will need meds to control my symptoms. Hopefully that day will come soon. Dr. Chumley will keep being my gastroenterologist till he retires.
Dr. Chumley has done several procedures on both myself, my husband, and my mother. After each procedure we were given follow up appointments. During the follow up Dr. Chumley was available for as long as we needed answering our questions. If there are no questions, the appointment will be short. He is very direct and to the point which I like. If you're looking for someone to hold your hand, I would recommend a different group. If you want a knowledgable physician I highly recommend Dr. Chumley.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Chumley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University Of Texas Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Consultants Of San Antonio, 5223 HAMILTON WOLFE Rd, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Delbert L Chumley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.