Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Delores C Dotson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
This is no reflection on her abilities, I think she is a decent doctor, but her staff is awful, and I have yet to see her smile once in all the years I have gone to her. I have tried twice this year to get an appointment with her when I was truly sick and the first time I was told she does not accept same day appointments and they could get me in in a week. The second time I was released from the hospital and was told to contact her for follow up blood work and consultation within a week. When I called I was told 'other people just got out of the hospital, too' and the doctor would be able to see me in three weeks when she gets back into town. Not that she isn't entitled to a vacation, but no alternative was offered and that smart remark about not being the only one who has been hospitalized really rubbed me the wrong way. Her staff and nurse have always been borderline rude but this was the last straw. I called another private physician and she is seeing me early next week.
I love Dr Dotson. She literally saved my life! I had my baby was sent home. Wasn't feeling well after I was released. Called my doctor that delivered my baby and was told to go to urgent care. Called Dr Dotson instead and she waited for me even when she was about to close and said said it was heart failure. Wow! So thankful for her!
Dr. Dotson is a very pleasant and patient professional. Some days I have been seen, she's been booked like crazy, and still takes her time when she came inthe room to see me. She was very attentive, pleasant,understanding and responsive- never felt like she was rushing to see another person. I am glad I tried her and will recommend her to anyone else i come across.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Delores C Dotson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSt Johns Mercy Medical Group, 801 Hazelwest Dr, Hazelwood, MO
Dr. Delores C Dotson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hazelwood, MO.