Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Demetrios Georgiou has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Demetrios Georgiou has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Shortness of Breath
- Unstable Angina
- Exercise Stress Test
Dr. Demetrios Georgiou is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 4
I went to visit Dr Georgiou after receiving an (ill-advised) recommendation from someone who had a friend visiting this doctor. Minimal stress is a necessity for heart patients. Unfortunately, looks like the staff at this doctor's office is trying their best to aggravate ur heart disease. This way, when you actually visit the doctor, your condition is acute enough to warrant multiple visits. And by staff, I mean the arrogant and highly incompetent receptionist who doesn't have the time to do her job. After setting up multiple appointments, only to have them rescheduled at different times because 'it does not show up in our system', I called it quits. She can't even type up an appointment letter.. Dr. Georgiou, please train your staff to be courteous to patients, because your practice will definitely lose customers before they even get to you..
Dr. Georgiou is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Bologna
Graduated in 1979
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Demetrios Georgiou accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsASTORIA CARDIOVASCULAR SERVICES, 3503 31st Ave, Astoria, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Demetrios Georgiou, MD in Astoria, NY, in this video.
Dr. Demetrios Georgiou is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Astoria, NY.