Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Denetta S Slone has the following 1 specialty
- Wounds and Injuries
Showing 5 of 5
This doctor participates in an insurance scam called "Balance Billing". Swedish Hospital is a facility covered by my insurance, but Swedish allows several doctors to practice in their emergency trauma unit who are NOT covered by insurance plans at all. I was airlifted to Swedish Hospital as a result of a motorcycle/deer collision and Dr. Quan was one of the doctors who performed morning rounds -- the entire group of doctors on morning rounds were participants in balance billing practices, but the hospital enabled this practice by allowing them to provide services to patients that they know are covered by an insurance plan in which they don't participate -- your insurance information is sitting on the top page of the charts they all held in their hands. Swedish Hospital is complicit, but they will remain hands-off when you call to ask them why they give hospital rights to doctors who refuse to participate with insurance companies. In fact, they will stonewall you. And just try to have a logical conversation with Allison in the billing office for these doctors. She's about as smart as a box of rocks and just spouts the company line -- "we practice balance billing". Really? As patients we are not completely helpless, even though your insurance company and the doctors would have you believe that. I am in contact with my State Legislature and the Office of Insurance Commissioners, both of whom were very interested in having a real example of this abusive and predatory practice. A House Bill was introduced in 2016 to outlaw balance billing, but the lobbyists were able to successfully keep it from becoming law. The state legislators and insurance commissioners office are making this their top priority this year and now someone is finally listening. I encourage anyone who has had this happen to them to do the same -- contact your state legislature and insurance commissioner and let's get this predatory practice outlawed in all 50 states.
30 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Denetta S Slone accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmergency General Surgery, 499 E Hampden Ave Ste 380, Englewood, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Denetta S Slone in this video.
Dr. Denetta S Slone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Englewood, CO.