Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Denis I Becker has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Denis I Becker has the following 12 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Denis I Becker has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
I have been going to Dr. Becker for 9 years now. I am 64 years old and have the most confidence in him than any other medical professional I have gone to. I like that he starts each appointment with asking me about any updates, how I am feeling and if anything has changed before he looks at my lab results. He does not let the data drive the conclusion. Rather, he reviews how I feel first and then interprets the data. He is thorough, knowledgeable and clearly enjoys his work. His walls are covered with year after year of Best Endocrinologist recognition and I completely agree with his recognition. The people who do lab work are efficient and painless in drawing blood for labs. He and hs primary nurse have a strong synergy and she is caring, knowledgeable and very responsive to questions and follow ups.
I guess I am not the norm I have been seeing Dr Becker for 11 years had my thyroid removed and he is always very courteous with me I guess since he i so familiar with me. I have tons of symptoms, but my thyroid levels are perfect on synthroid. He is has vast experience in metabolic syndrome since he deals with diabetes and as l exercise and clean up my diet and the symptoms were better.
The first time I saw Dr. Becker I finally felt understood and cared for. This was after receiving alarming test results from another physician. He took time with me. My second appointment was the worst medical appointment I have ever had. He didn't know what was wrong with me, talked over me, and insulted me. I thought I was crazy. I felt so awful I burst into tears after my appointment. Then I looked up his reviews and seems I am not the only one who has had this experience. He made me feel terrible, I felt my trust had been betrayed. I would suggest that if you are in need of an endocrinologist do some research. He is not the guy you want to see.
46 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Denis I Becker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRaleigh Endocrine Associates, 2709 Blue Ridge Rd Ste 320, Raleigh, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Denis I Becker, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Raleigh, NC, in this video.
Dr. Denis I Becker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.