Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Denis Mee-Lee has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Denis Mee-Lee has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Denis Mee-Lee has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Denis Mee-Lee is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr Mee Lee is a very caring and most understanding Dr. I was very anxious about running out of my meds, but he calmly helped me. Outstanding bedside manners1 I will recommend him to everyone that I come in contact with! His receptionist is just as great as he is. SO VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY! I will never change my doctor - EVER.
Does not come up with treatment plans. Prescribes drugs that interact with other drugs he's prescribed. Absentmindedly listens but does not come up with actions to solve problems. Could not get ahold of receptionist. Receptionist would not return calls for refills on prescriptions when needed which would obviously cause withdrawal symptoms. Could not get ahold of staff to make an appointment. Dr. comes in late into office a lot. This last time was over an hour late. Staff is apathetic. Have to pay for parking. Parking costs more with the over an hour of wait time. Dr. goes on vacation a lot for long periods of time. Does not have back up Dr. to get ahold of when he's gone. An unpleasant experience overall. I've had other psychiatrists and the experience was very pleasant. The only reason I had to switch was they didn't take my insurance any more, or I needed to try someone for different treatment options. I'm very disappointed as I was told he is well known in the community for speaking engagements. Perhaps he's not so good with his patient engagement commitments.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Denis Mee-Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsDenis Mee-Lee Md, 928 Nuuanu Ave Ste 2, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Denis Mee-Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.