Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Denis P Obrien
Dr. Denis P Obrien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Olney, MD, with another office in Columbia, MD. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Obrien is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital Inc and Medstar Montgomery Medical Center. Dr. Obrien has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Denis P Obrien has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 5 of 29
I had seen this doctor for my back. My wife had a sore elbow and I went with her to see him. He barely even greeted her. She's overweight and we wondered if that was why he was so rude, because I had remembered being satisfied with him when I saw him for my back. He barely spoke and we had to force him to answer our questions. That being said, we love the staff there, and the PT department also. He gave her a cortisone shot, which was what we wanted, but it didn't work, and we don't know if it's because he didn't administer it properly or because it wasn't a good treatment option for the problem. He did mention that she has arthritis in that elbow. He literally spent less than 10 minutes in the room with us, including the time it took to review the X-rays and administer the shot.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Obrien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Denis P Obrien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Denis P Obrien in this video.
Dr. Denis P Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olney, MD.