Dr. Denis Ostrovskiy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Denis Ostrovskiy?

Very confident

Posted on November 1st, 2016

No follow up

Posted on April 26th, 2016

I was sent to Dr. Ostrovskiy to have a deep skin biopsy. He was condescending and disparaging throughout his high speed interaction with me, even making fun of me because I DARED use the word "allodynia." I needed these results quite badly, as my husband and I were house hunting and I desperately needed to know if the weakness and allodynic pain I had in my extremities were part of my fibromyalgia or, as I was beginning to fear, evidence of a progressive neuropathy. Frankly, could I buy a house with stairs or would that be a disasterous decision? This issue was communicated to the doctor. 2 weeks later, my rheumatologist had not received any results and my husband and I had become desperate; our house was sold and we had fallen in love with a house with stairs. I spent time every single day calling the offices of both doctors. Suddenly, the tone changed at Dr. Ostrovskiy's office. My results were in, but the staff couldn't tell me. He was forbidding it. And he was refusing to tell me himself! I have to assume that he didn't feel that my insurance company had paid him adequately for his biopsy work, so giving me the (obviously bad) results was not his problem. 5 DAYS. 5 days of KNOWING the results were bad, but being refused the facts. 5 DAYS of holding onto a house that I will never be able to have. 5 DAYS of holding up THAT family also...but that didn't matter to the Doctor. My test results were finally shared with me BY MY RHEUMATOLOGIST, who is not a neurologist, so she had to look the numbers up. They are abysmal. They are life changing. I am following up with a different neurologist. We are looking for a ranch home. Dr. Ostrovskiy; I have no idea why you felt the need to withhold such important information. I have no idea what justified your cruelty; I told your staff for 5 days that I already knew the results were bad, I was just begging for the results so I could steer the rest of my life in the right direction. They were forbidden to give me the results. Whatever "point" you were trying to make, possibly with my rheumatologist in specific or other doctors in general, was lost in your cruelty to the PATIENT who was caught in the middle of a pissing contest. I have no idea what drives your behavior. If this is a pattern in your life, you may want to talk to a trained professional about it.

Caring, Thorough

Posted on February 20th, 2016

Dr. Ostrovskiy found the cause of my complex symptoms after 1.5 years of misdiagnoses by orthopedists. After a thorough physical exam, he squeezed me in for an MRI the same day. Called me at home 1.5 days later with results and name of highly qualified surgeon for a diagnosis that had no other recourse. He persevered and urged me not to delay as doing so would put me in jeopardy - an aggressive stance confirmed by another neurologist and 2 neurosurgeons. Dr. Ostrovskiy can appear brusk at the outset, but don't let that put you off. He is an excellent diagnostician and practitioner.

disgusted

Posted on December 21st, 2015

saw this dr for two years arrogant condesending trying to communicate with him without an an appt was absurd phone calls never returned same day, never addressed issue never by the dr finall got fed up found new caring helpful dr

Do not recommend for Dementia/Alzheimer's symptoms

Posted on June 15th, 2015

Did not spend enough time with patient, my boyfriend, suffering from memory loss/confusion. We saw this dr. over 2 years. Struggled to get any diagnosis from him. He dismissed my boyfriend's symptoms, said he could spot an Alzheimer's patient from across the street. Turns out after seeing 5 more physicians that my boyfriend does have Alzheimer's. This dr. suggested seeing a neuro-psychologist for an evaluation, we did. He did not pass along her recommendation that my boyfriend stop driving. We did not know about this. Surprise, he had a serious car accident. I don't recommend this dr. for anything Dementia/Alzheimer's related. It is not his strength. We had much better care at NYU Langone memory center.

Posted on April 8th, 2015

I wish all Dr offices were run as efficiently as this one. And Dr Ostrovskiy never rushes through an appointment, you always feel he is there to see you, not rushing to the next person. You never have to sit in the waiting room more than 5 minutes, how wonderful!

Posted on April 3rd, 2015

No expertise

Posted on March 24th, 2015

Very qualified & caring MD

Posted on September 4th, 2014

Dr I was intimidating, did not allow this patient to adequately communicate past history continually interrupted this patient stating he was not interested in prior experience even though as a complicated patient my history is relevant. He additionally advised me that the medical record I brought was uselessHe stated emphatically his diagnosis without a thorough exam or additional radio graphic films. His manner was gruff he freely admonished me for arriving late and brought a student into the visit without an introduction . I am a knowledgable patient and I felt no connection with this MD. I will not return

Dissatisfied patient

Posted on May 4th, 2014

I had several tests computerized cognitive tests and brain scans done by this doctor and was told I don't show signs of dementia or Alzheimer's although I am suffering some short term memory loss. I was put on what I later learned is in fact a Alzheimer's medication and during subsequent visits, the dosage of this medication was increased. I suffered major dehydration and was told to stop but a second drug was added on. I found the Dr. short tempered during follow-up visits and often times given a few minutes in a corridor, rather than sitting to discuss the situation. My last visit was rather unpleasant with the Dr. telling me to increase the first medication that caused a side-effect. At this time we changed doctors. This doctor spent an hour with me and my wife and very patiently asked me questions and did his own cognitive evaluation, without the use of fancy computers. He implied they are merely money-makers and did repeat all the brain scans. After deciding there is nothing wrong with my brain, other than normal age changes. He stopped all the Alzheimer's medications, since I don't have the disease. I can't say my memory has returned to normal but I am in less of a fog and I can rational things more clearly. I sincerely wish I hadn't spent four years putting all my faith in this doctor but I am grateful I saw his arrogant nature when I hesitated to take that final increase in mediation. Anyone under his care is wished my good luck.

New patient

Posted on April 22nd, 2014

I drove 5o minutes to his office as a new patient and one his friends referred me to him. First visit didn't go too bad, I went to him while I had a hammering loud noise inside my brain, he ordered MRI , it was normal, he asked me to come back for a test that was not for my symptoms at all, I went there again and told the technician why this doctor ordered the test that has nothing to do with my problem, I refused to go thru it and saw the doctor at the front desk and asked him for a minute so he can explain it to me, he rudly turned around while telling me off and walked away, I asked for my records and they said they will mail it to me. He has no bedside manners, very rude and no compassion for his patent. There are a lot of great Neurologist on Long Island , please don't bother with this egomaniac , unprofessional ,unethical doctor. I give him 0.

Posted on October 10th, 2017