More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Denis J Yoshii
Dr. Denis J Yoshii, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Costa Mesa, CA, with another office in Foothill Ranch, CA. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Yoshii is affiliated with Uc Irvine Medical Center, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Mission Hospital Laguna Beach. Dr. Yoshii has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Denis J Yoshii has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I liked the doctor but the receptionist left a lot to be desired. Extremely unfriendly. Rest of staff is okay.
Although Dr. Yoshi spends the time to listen to me and recommend alternative treatments that have helped my condition, I am pretty confident he is getting kickbacks from the drug manufacturers for inhalers and allergy shots. I have been prescribed inhalers that are not covered by insurance and treatment was severed when I decided not to do allergy shots and pursue the other suggestions he had made to what could be causing the problems. I was told I would be referred, but was not, and treatment has ended coldly with mixed feelings. I was originally taken care of and have found many ways to treat condition, but no diagnosis or further treatment, when I couldnt help get kickbacks!
First of all, the front office lady is extremely nice, which is unfortunately pretty rare nowadays in Dr.'s offices. She asked me for a copay, and I'm not supposed to have one. I let her know that and she looked into it, and told me I was right. She showed me why she thought I did - the providers website is a little confusing. EVERY SINGLE DR. OFFICE I go to asks me for a copay and argues with me when I tell them I'm not supposed to have one. but she looked into the issue and was able to SHOW me on their website why its confusing. Now I know what to tell other Dr.'s offices that try to charge me a copay. Out of the many other Dr. offices I've been to for my daughter and I, this is the first person to look into it and show me the issue. I had also forgotten the paperwork. I felt really bad because she had taken the time to fax it to me ahead of time. She was very understanding and nice about me forgetting it. Now regarding Dr. Yoshii. He spent about an hour with my daughter. Very thorough, caring, and he took time to explain things. He helped us discover an allergy we didn't even realize she had, and this was most likely effecting the way she often feels.I was very impressed with the entire experience. We are still in the process of getting allergy tests, so I am not sure about their follow up, but I have confidence it will be great just as the rest of this experience.They even sent us a welcome card signed by the Doctor. Nice personal touch! As someone who deals with many Dr's and Dr's offices for my family, this one is top notch!!!
This doctor was knowledgeable about alternative methods and had a much better understanding of the healing potential of the human body than any MD I have ever met. It was refreshing to listen to a doctor give me advice that didn't involve taking pharma drugs to cover up symptoms. He spent over an hour with me analyzing my current lifestyle and prescribing recommendations that were both natural and inexpensive. I truly wish there were more doctors like Denis Yoshii replacing all too common MDs who get you out of the door in 10 minutes with two prescriptions in your hand.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2009, 2012, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Yoshii is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Denis J Yoshii accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Denis J Yoshii in this video.
Dr. Denis J Yoshii is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Costa Mesa, CA.