Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Denis J Yoshii DO
Dr. Denis J Yoshii, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Costa Mesa, CA, with another office in Foothill Ranch, CA. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Yoshii is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Childrens Hospital Orange County and Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Denis J Yoshii has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Denis J Yoshii has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Denis J Yoshii has the following 15 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
Dr. Denis J Yoshii is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr good receptionist needs improvement
Self-verified patient of Dr. Denis J Yoshii - Posted on November 1st, 2012
Mixed Diagnosis without Follow-Up
Self-verified patient of Dr. Denis J Yoshii - Posted on July 6th, 2012
Although Dr. Yoshi spends the time to listen to me and recommend alternative treatments that have helped my condition, I am pretty confident he is getting kickbacks from the drug manufacturers for inhalers and allergy shots. I have been prescribed inhalers that are not covered by insurance and treatment was severed when I decided not to do allergy shots and pursue the other suggestions he had made to what could be causing the problems. I was told I would be referred, but was not, and treatment has ended coldly with mixed feelings. I was originally taken care of and have found many ways to treat condition, but no diagnosis or further treatment, when I couldnt help get kickbacks!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Denis J Yoshii - Posted on July 4th, 2012
First of all, the front office lady is extremely nice, which is unfortunately pretty rare nowadays in Dr.'s offices. She asked me for a copay, and I'm not supposed to have one. I let her know that and she looked into it, and told me I was right. She showed me why she thought I did - the providers website is a little confusing. EVERY SINGLE DR. OFFICE I go to asks me for a copay and argues with me when I tell them I'm not supposed to have one. but she looked into the issue and was able to SHOW me on their website why its confusing. Now I know what to tell other Dr.'s offices that try to charge me a copay. Out of the many other Dr. offices I've been to for my daughter and I, this is the first person to look into it and show me the issue. I had also forgotten the paperwork. I felt really bad because she had taken the time to fax it to me ahead of time. She was very understanding and nice about me forgetting it. Now regarding Dr. Yoshii. He spent about an hour with my daughter. Very thorough, caring, and he took time to explain things. He helped us discover an allergy we didn't even realize she had, and this was most likely effecting the way she often feels.I was very impressed with the entire experience. We are still in the process of getting allergy tests, so I am not sure about their follow up, but I have confidence it will be great just as the rest of this experience.They even sent us a welcome card signed by the Doctor. Nice personal touch! As someone who deals with many Dr's and Dr's offices for my family, this one is top notch!!!
Great example of a true caring doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Denis J Yoshii - Posted on February 17th, 2012
Wish there were more doctors like him
Self-verified patient of Dr. Denis J Yoshii - Posted on June 22nd, 2011
This doctor was knowledgeable about alternative methods and had a much better understanding of the healing potential of the human body than any MD I have ever met. It was refreshing to listen to a doctor give me advice that didn't involve taking pharma drugs to cover up symptoms. He spent over an hour with me analyzing my current lifestyle and prescribing recommendations that were both natural and inexpensive. I truly wish there were more doctors like Denis Yoshii replacing all too common MDs who get you out of the door in 10 minutes with two prescriptions in your hand.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Yoshii is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Denis J Yoshii Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Denis J Yoshii, DO - Allergy and Immunology in Costa Mesa, CA, in this video.
Dr. Denis J Yoshii is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Costa Mesa, CA.