Dr. Denise Chou Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Denise Chou?

Posted on September 26th, 2015

Dr. Chou is the best headache specialist that I know. She cares about her patients and she is willing to spend time in answering all my questions. Very knowledgeable!

PLEASE believe the reviews!

Posted on December 29th, 2014

Dr. Chou is one of the rarest physicians you will ever meet: an incredibly knowledgeable and skilled physician with amost compassionate and warm manner. I have been virtually headache-free under her care for one year after many other practitioners offered wrong diagnoses and indeed made my headaches worse. She is a true asset to her profession. If you are a headache sufferer and feel you are at the end of your rope, you really aren't...you owe it to yourself to consult with Dr. Chou!

Posted on November 17th, 2014

Dr Chou is LOVELY, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and so RESPONSIVE

Fantastic Doctor

Posted on August 30th, 2013

Dr. Chou is one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. She is empathetic, listens to the patient-spends as much time as necessary, pleasant with a perfect bedside manner, technically excellent, rational in her analysis, and has immense expertise in her field. I saw 5 other doctors about my headaches before seeing Dr. Chou. Only Dr. Chou hit the mark! Dr Chou listens to her patients and is responsive. In my case, not only did she solve the problem for which I came, but she picked up on other issues of importance. Do choose Dr. Chou! She's the best!!

Fantastic!

Posted on June 28th, 2013

I had my first appointment with Dr. Chou two months ago. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. I have had chronic migraine for years, and was dealing with a horrible period of daily migraine. I arrived and within a few minutes the tech came out to take me in for some basic vitals. Shortly after, Dr. Chou came out and met me in the waiting room. I have never had a doctor do that. My office visit with her lasted 1.5 hours! Yes! She wanted to know everything about my headaches, migraines, debilitating issues. She shared her personal trials of what helps her as she suffers as well, and was understanding of my crying as I felt she was my last hope. We went through all of the medications I would take, very detailed, she typed out everything we talked about for her file. She ordered a new MRI for me, blood work, and sent me home with hope. A few weeks later, she wrote me a personal letter to let me know the results of my blood work, suggested vitamins to help me, and asked if I had my MRI yet. She even called me, personally, to check in. Who does that? No doctor I have ever met. The last neurologist had me in and out of his office within 10 minutes and offered no help and no tests. I had my follow-up with her this month, we went through all of my results for an hour, discussed what has been working, what hasn't, she even commented how much better I looked (meaning my face didn't have pain on it). Her treatment has helped me significantly. With her help, my migraines have decreased in amount and intensity, and my visual aura did not send me into a migraine. She was very pleased with this, but is not satisfied, she said she wants to get things even better for me. Please, if you need a doctor for treatment, see her. She is by far the most caring, sincere, and respectable doctor I have met. Making appointments has been very easy. She ran a little late on my follow-up visit (30 min), but for the first time ever I did not mind as I knew she was probably giving another patient the great attention and care and discussion that she gave me. I live in NJ and do not mind traveling to Manhattan to see her. Make the trip.

Posted on May 23rd, 2013

I have no problem waiting almost an hour for a doctor of Dr. Chou's caliber. She is empathetic, professional and thorough, and spent several hours going over my complex medical history and films. My husband and I were very impressed with her attention to detail. My options for treatment were outlined and explained completely, and I left having more hope for a relief from my pain than I have had in a very long time.

Posted on March 8th, 2013

Excellent doctor spend time listening to you, gives you hope and available options to help you feel well once again, would recommend highly. Listening to the patient and spending time is a great quality in a doctor which Dr. Chou has

Great first impression. Very knowledgable, caring & thorough. I'll highly recommend.

Posted on February 2nd, 2013

I have trust I came to the right doctor. And will be returning for follow-ups. This was the longest any doctor has spent with me on a 1st appointment to understand my issues and history. We discussed several possibilities, treatment options and it was a pleasure interacting with her. The wait was long (both to get the appointment and during visit) but I'm still very satisfied.

Posted on November 21st, 2012

fantastic doctor, amazing personality, accurate diagnosis, really listens, genuinely concerned about the patient's well-being.

Posted on October 8th, 2012

Very knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

Posted on September 28th, 2017