Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Denise Taylor
Dr. Denise Taylor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pediatrics. Dr. Taylor is affiliated with UNM Hospital (Univ of NM), Presbyterian Hospital and Espanola Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Denise Taylor has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Nerve Damage
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Taylor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaseman Presby Hosp
UNM Medical Group
28 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Contra Costra Regional Medical Center
Dr. Denise Taylor accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUNM HOSPITAL, 2211 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Denise Taylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.