Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Denise R Nebgen
Dr. Denise R Nebgen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Nebgen is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Denise R Nebgen has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Preventive Medicine
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This is an extremely rude doctor! She completely missed a serious problem I complained to her about, but it was confirmed at another office only a few days later. Moreover, I had an abnormal test with an alert from the lab & she didn't notify me. I discovered it accidentally months later. The one time I saw her, she was 3 hours late, made no apology, & wanted me spread out in the stirrups before she'd even introduced herself. She's a devil.
Went to Dr. Nebgen twice, the second time for a IUD to be placed. The procedure was incredibly painful, and unsuccessful. Dr Nebgen yelled at me repeatedly, telling me to deal with the pain, get over it. When it wasn't successful, Dr Nebgen sent me to get an ultrasound to figure out why. Turns out the shape of my uterus precluded use of an IUD, and he pushing had risked puncturing my uterus. Thanks for yelling at me Dr Nebgen. She summarised how I did in the appointment as "Good...not great, but good". Thanks Dr Nebgen. She also looked at the ultrasound and determined that I had an 'ovarian mass'. I spent a week fearing I had cancer, and then a follow up check (an MRI?) revealed that there was nothing there. The kicker? It took Dr Nebgen's office a few days AFTER getting the results to let me know. She then said "the lesson for both of us here is to not over-interpret an ultrasound". Uh, yeah, it was me who interpreted it Dr Nebgen... Happy of course that I'm fine, but really upset that I'd needlessly been fearing for my life for a week. Awful doctor, and awful bedside manner. Ironically, I think she now works in oncology...
I have never been to a more unprofessional, uncaring and unwelcoming office as Dr. Nebgen's office. I gave her 2 chances - no more. Her staff is rude, condescending and unprofessional. Dr. Nebgen did not seem to have any time for my concerns or questions as she was in and out. If her objective is to lose patients, she'll succeed shortly!
Dr. Nebgen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Denise R Nebgen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Denise R Nebgen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.