The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Denise R Smith has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
Showing 5 of 11
My issue was my concern over hair loss so she prescribed aldactone never asking or informing me of its effect on blood pressure (or even taking it for that matter in the office). The only info was: " most side effects resolve over time". After being on it a week, a family member, who is also a medical professional, took my blood pressure and it was 92/58. I don't expect this physician to have all the answers or to even be able to fix my problem. I do, however, expect to be treated with respect and be provided with basic information. She has no problem with showing her annoyance over questions. The one thing I do appreciate is that she was willing to discuss more than one problem in a visit. Some doctors make you schedule yet another appointment. So for that, I am grateful. Her office staff is kind.
The front office staff are not friendly or welcoming. When you call to make an appointment for example for one of your children. They will not even make the appointment unti you give out your child's social security number. WHY??? I carry the insurance and children's social security numbers need to be guarded and kept as safe as possible. Again office staff are not customer service oriented at all but, I do like the Doctor.
Like Dr., but other office issues include: the receptionist is horribly rude. The computers are always down, so I had to fill out new patient paperwork each time I went (four times last year- with no changes.) Billing dept. not helpful; Michelle H and Pat Brown told me my bill for same service differed between visits due to: 1st reason was a change in AMA biling for following year but could not give a specific code or reference point; Then changed response and stated I was underbilled for prior visits; Dr. is knowledgeable and took care of issues, but due to other office issues, overall, dissatisfied. Wait time only 15-20 minutes, but still long if you consider it was the first appt. time of the day.
14 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
University Of Cincinnati Medical Center
Dr. Denise R Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Specialists Of Greater Cincinnati Inc, 7794 5 Mile Rd Ste 240, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Denise R Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.