Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Denise H Sojourner MD
Dr. Denise H Sojourner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pontotoc, MS. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Denise H Sojourner has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Denise H Sojourner has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Denise H Sojourner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Denise !!! Wonderful Doctor & Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Denise H Sojourner - Posted on August 15th, 2016
Dr. Sojourner is a great doctor. She has cared for me, 3 of my kids and all 5 of my grandchildren ( as they were born) ever since she moved her practice to Pontotoc around 12 years ago. With my recommendations my siblings and nieces and nephews also see her. She has a wonderful staff who treat you with respect when you are there. To my family she is a wonderful doctor!!!! Thumbs UP to Dr. Denise Sojourner, Susan (RN), Donna(Office Manager) and Debbie (Receptionist) for all the special care we have received for all these years. THANK YOU
26 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Denise H Sojourner Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDENISE HEFNER SOJOURNER MD, 359 Old Oak Cir, Pontotoc, MS
Dr. Denise H Sojourner is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pontotoc, MS.