Dr. Denita Speyer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Denita Speyer?

Extremely rude and incompetent office manager!

Posted on April 23rd, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Speyer for the last five years and I've been very happy with her as a doctor. But dealing with her billing department, especially her office manager Lynn is a completely different story. I have been treated with such disrespect, called a liar, and discharged from the office because I refused to pay for Lynn's inability to do her job correctly. Long story short, Lynn failed to file the claim in a timely manner (90 days) to my health insurance. Lynn kept blaming me for not providing the current health insurance at the time of the service..although I did. And even if I didn't, my insurance would cover the claim, as long as the office provided proof that they filed the claim to any insurance in timely manner. Which Lynn was not able to provide! The only thing what she kept repeating to me (in a very condescending tone) was that I sign the consent, and that I have to pay if my insurance doesn't. This was one very unpleasant experience ...and the most upsetting of all for me was that I was not able to speak with Dr. Speyer. I called and when I asked to speak with with Dr. Speyer I couldn't pass Lynn "the gate keeper" She answered instead of Dr. Speyer and told me that she is the office manager and she is dealing with the billing issues and the Dr. Speyer is very busy doctor, she can't talk to me and that I am discharged from the office. I kept asking Lynn: Did Dr. Speyer really refuse to talk to me, or did Lynn instruct the other receptionists to transfer my phone calls to her? However she refused to answer, and just hung up on me. I am now in search for new OB\GYN, any recommendations ?

mickey

Posted on February 6th, 2015

Awesome doctor

Posted on April 19th, 2013

Love Dr. Speyer. She delivered both of my children, one in 2005 and the other in 2007. She is professional, caring, very attentive and will answer any and ALL questions with a smile. Fantastic fantastic doctor.

Not too good

Posted on January 11th, 2011

Dr. Speyer seemed like a great doctor during my initial visit before we tried to get pregnant. However, during the first weeks of my pregnancy I started having issues early on and her care got worse. The staff there makes it impossible for you to just ask a question instead I got a "come in and see whatever doctor is here" everytime I called. During one of the hardest appts. of my life (finding out it was a miscarriage) Dr. Speyer actually thought this was my 3rd time and was explaining all of the things we should do test-wise without knowing who I was or my situation. This frustrated me a bit being that I had seen her 4 times before and she had my file in front of her. On top of this, the nurses could never get blood from me, so it was very frustrating. I am changing Dr.'s now that my ordeal is over.

So happy

Posted on August 4th, 2010

I am so glad to have found Dr. Speyer. When I became pregnant with my first child, I became very unhappy with my previous OB/GYN (felt she didn't take enough time with me or explain things enough). A friend recommended Dr. Speyer, and I've been so happy ever since. I never feel like I'm annoying her with my questions, or that she's got somewhere else to be. She is so kind and patient, and was wonderful when my son was born (emergency c-section). Now I'm getting ready for the arrival of my second child, and I can't imagine being in better hands!I did give 3 of 4 stars for wait time -- honestly, the wait time is usually fine (less than 10 minutes) but every so often it's quite long (although I excpect it's usually because she's delivering a baby, which is pretty understandable).

Poor bedside manners

Posted on November 11th, 2009

Great Doctor

Posted on October 29th, 2009

Dr. Speyer is kind and knowledgable. I've been seeing her for almost 20 years and went to her for both of my pregnancies. I like her as a person too!

Posted on March 28th, 2017