Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis-Roger Phillip
Dr. Dennis-Roger Phillip, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Williamsport, PA, with other offices in Poughkeepsie, NY and Huntington, NY (and 1 other location). He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Colon and Rectal Surgery. Dr. Phillip is affiliated with North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr, North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Huntington Hospital and MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Dennis-Roger Phillip has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Dennis-Roger Phillip has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Dennis-Roger Phillip is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Phillip is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Huntington Hospital
21 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dennis-Roger Phillip in this video.
Dr. Dennis-Roger Phillip is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Williamsport, PA.