Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dennis R Abbas has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Doctor Abbas is an excellent doctor. His staff, however, is unprofessional. The staff there says nasty things about patients in Spanish, patients who might appear to not be fluent in Spanish. The staff there defrauds the insurance companies and bills patients for services not rendered. The conditions in the office are unsanitary and have been for quite some time. Open-container urine samples are left sitting around the sink of the only one-toilet bathroom. This compromises the samples and is extremely unsanitary. The staff there, including Dr. Abbas are insensitive to those with disabilities, often exploiting said disabilities. The staff ignores patients and is not organized. This has been the situation for years.
I have been going to Dr. Abbas for a few years now. He is very experienced and listens to any of your concerns. Great doctor! Staff is courteous. The only cons to me is when I call most of the time I always get the answering machine and when you schedule a appointment you still have to wait another 30 mins-1 hour to be seen.
The scheduling is poorly coordinated, every time I was scheduled to see the doctor he wasn't available until 1-2 hours after my scheduled appointment. The procedure performed was a failure, the doctor had his nurse practitioner preform it, all just a waste of my time and my insurance money!!! I highly suggest you find another OBGYN!!! Do not waste your time or money...
Dr. Abbas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Dennis R Abbas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Medical Clinic, 6300 Samuell Blvd Ste 154, Dallas, TX
Dr. Dennis R Abbas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.