Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis C Abella
Dr. Dennis C Abella, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Elk Grove Village, IL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Abella is affiliated with Medical Care Group of Elk Grove Village. Dr. Abella has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Dennis C Abella has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 24
Front office staff lacks customer service skills. I am aware that the administrative staff assists a lot of patients but that does not mean they can totally forget about doing things. I faxed them my prescription renewal request 3 times and called to confirm if my prescription was renewd. I left numerous voicemail for the front office staff but 3 months later no one has called back yet. I would recommend Dr. Dennis Abella to anyone but I will not because of his administrative help is USELESS.
I find Dr. Abella to be patient and thorough. He asks all the right questions and will always listen to mine. He diagnosed me correctly and quickly in his office after I spent hours in the ER with no results. He makes logical suggestions in a gentle way and I never feel apprehensive going to see him. I hope he never retires!
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Abella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Advocate Christ Medical Center
Dr. Dennis C Abella accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsElk Grove Medical Associates, 800 Biesterfield Rd Ste 705A, Elk Grove Village, IL
Dr. Dennis C Abella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elk Grove Village, IL.