Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis B Chugh
Dr. Dennis B Chugh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chugh is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center. Dr. Chugh has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Dennis B Chugh has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dennis B Chugh has the following 18 expertise
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
Showing 5 of 41
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis B Chugh - Posted on December 17th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis B Chugh - Posted on September 21st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis B Chugh - Posted on July 17th, 2017
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Chugh to any of my friends or family. He was courteous and professional, considerate of my time and expenses. He made me feel confidant and comfortable in a difficult situation. This was only my first visit but Dr. Chugh is definately now " My Cardiologist " !
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis B Chugh - Posted on May 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis B Chugh - Posted on May 1st, 2016
I am a 59 year old male referred to Dr, Chugh by my primary due to a low heart rate. He lowered my blood pressure medication perhaps set too high by other cardiac physicians. He was also blunt with me about my being overweight and challenged me to get it under control. In only a few months I have reduced my weight over 30 lbs. and my blood pressure/heart rate look fine. He essentially gave me a wake up call, am thankful, and give him a high recommendation.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2017, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2016, 2011, 2018, 2010, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Chugh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Dennis B Chugh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Dennis B Chugh
I strive to provide timely cardiac care in a professional and comfortable office setting by tailoring patient care for each individual while considering the most up to date literature and published guidelines for cardiac care.
Locations & DirectionsNORTHTOWNS CARDIOLOGY PLLC, 5530 Sheridan Dr Ste 2, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Dennis B Chugh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.