Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Dennis O Dominguez
Dr. Dennis O Dominguez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in El Cajon, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Dominguez is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Palomar Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Dennis O Dominguez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Dennis O Dominguez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Dennis O Dominguez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Dennis O Dominguez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Dominiquez should not be practicing medicine. He has the worst bedside manner I've ever seen. He has zero compassion and frankly probably received his degree in TJ. No idea why anyone would continue to see him, he is rude and treats you horribly. I will continue to spread the word so nobody else is subjected to this man (I use the word loosely). What doctor lets a female sit there and cry, tell her your not going to treat her - go out and buy more narcotics or bring $300 and I'll treat you on Monday because I'm off tomorrow (Friday). Snot running down my face, I'm in horrible withdrawals, and he never batted an eye or got me a tissue (wiping snot on my pants as he watched). Could care less about me or anyone else for that matter. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR - DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR....RUN, RUN FAR AWAY!
Just like my title says, this dr forgot about me. I was scheduled for a 3:30pm appointment. This was my first appointment since I switched to this dr. I was there exactly 15 mins early as requested to complete my paper work. At exactly 3:10pm the nurse took me to thee cam room and said Dr. Dominguez would be right in. Time quickly passes and it is now 4:15. I peek me head out the door of the exam room and someone states that the Dr. Would be "right there". I got back in an continue to wait, and wait, and wait. Finally it's 4:55pm and I STILL have not been seen! So I walk out to the waiting room and up to the front desk and ask the girl what is going on?! I've been in that waiting room for over an hour waiting?! It's now 4:55 and my appoint was at 3:30! She replied that the Dr must have forgot and he was with his 4:30 patient ! I was appoled. She asked if unwanted to reschedule or wait and I refused. I will find another Dr.! Be ware!!!!
When I told Dr. Dominguez that my whole body hurts on a daily basis he said it was because I am "a mom, you do as much work as an Olympic athlete but without the training, you'll be fine." He didn't look any further into it, I got no explanations. When I went to him last fall complaining that my hands hurt and the joints ached he said "It's just your job." No explanations or advice. Five weeks ago I went to him with very bad arm pain, he said it was a muscle strain, but I should go to physical therapy for it. It was in PT that I found I actually have tendonitis in my thumb and elbow. But it took me three weeks to get in because Dr. Dominguez's office took their time doing the paperwork and sending it out. Now, I'm waiting for a note for work and they have been giving me the run around for a week about it. Then they tried to tell me that it would cost $100 for a dictated note. I just about freaked out! A hundred dollars for a note to say that I have tendonitis and I can't fulfill my work obligations? Rediculous. I'm sure the man is smart, but he is completely uncaring and lazy. Also, I have had to wait anywhere from an hour to two hours after my appointment time just to get taken back for my vitals and anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for him to actually enter the room. He then he gives me about 2 minutes of his time before practically pushing me out the door.As soon as I get this situation taken care of, I will no longer be using Dr. Dominguez. His staff are very rude for the most part, except for the one male nurse who hit on me the whole time he took my vitals. The office is not very clean and located in a very ghetto neighborhood. The only reason I have stayed with him for so long is because I didn't want to transfer in the middle of treatment.
Dr. Dominguez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Lcm San Pedro Hospital
Dr. Dennis O Dominguez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEncompass Family Physicians Medical Group, 505 N Mollison Ave Ste 201, El Cajon, CA
Dr. Dennis O Dominguez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Cajon, CA.