Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis J Giangiulio
Dr. Dennis J Giangiulio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, PA, with another office in Allentown, PA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Giangiulio has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dennis J Giangiulio has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dennis J Giangiulio has the following 14 expertise
- Infectious Disease
- Interventional Oncology
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 9
I read other reviews on this site about this practice having a poor reputation. On the contrary, I did my research and found out these are some of the best Oncologists in the Lehigh Valley. Dr. G helped my husband when he was suffering from colon cancer. After a second opinion, we went with the suggested treatment and had limited side effects. It has been over 2 years and my husband has been happy and healthy
Dr. G. treated my dad. I never felt confident in this oncologist, but my dad liked his personality.Nice guy, but poor doctor. Does not stay on top of things. Does not return calls to other doctors in a timely manner--could be 2 hours to 5 days. The associates in the group do not cover each other's patients when they are out of the office or on vacation. My dad was led to believe his cancer was under control, but two days ago he found out from another oncologist in a new group, he has maybe two weeks. Apparently, we have now found out, Dr. G. and his group have a poor reputation among other professionals at the LVH. (of course don't let the general public in on the info!) Yes, cancer is an ugly disease, but do yourself a favor and don't make the experience any uglier by using this oncologist and his group as your source of treatment.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Dennis J Giangiulio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dennis J Giangiulio in this video.
Dr. Dennis J Giangiulio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.