Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dennis C Grygotis has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 1 of 1
He claims to specialize in gifted kids, but he completely misdiagnosed our then 2nd grade son as ODD (which couldn't be further from the truth). He had 2 (very leading) sessions with him and fortunately we never went back. Instead we found more appropriate doctors instead, who accurately diagnosed our son with ADD-inattentive, gifted and on the autism spectrum. He is now in college, majoring in the sciences at a great university - I can't imagine the damage we would have done if we stayed with this doctor.
48 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Chicago Hospital
Dr. Dennis C Grygotis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDennis Charles Grygotis Md, 1850 Oak St Ste 220, Northfield, IL
Dr. Dennis C Grygotis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northfield, IL.