Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis L Ashley
Dr. Dennis L Ashley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Barbara, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ashley is affiliated with Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, Marian Regional Medical Center and Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. Dr. Ashley has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Dennis L Ashley has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dennis L Ashley has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 12
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis L Ashley - Posted on July 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis L Ashley - Posted on January 10th, 2017
Great family doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis L Ashley - Posted on August 17th, 2010
Dr. Ashley is one of the best family doctors I have been to over the years. I moved here from Ohio, worried about getting a new doctor and after a few that I did not care for (that my insurance would cover) I found Doctor Ashley through a friend and was so pleased at how he listened to me and seemed caring and concerned about my overall health. More than anything I think I like that he actually listens. even if your issue doesn't fit in the box, he will listen and believe you and not try to act like your symptoms can't possibly be that way because that isn't the "norm". He seems to try to stay up to date and isn't afraid if YOU look up things online and research issues and will even look up something you have found if it's something he's not familiar with. THAT is a good doctor.He works with us and genuinely cares about our health and quality of life.He reminds me a little of a country doctor in the attitude that he portrays. He's very much a Santa Barbara doctor, he just has that extra needed air of concern and consideration you'd find in a small town doctor. Don't know what we'll do when he retires someday.
best kept secret in SB
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis L Ashley - Posted on April 26th, 2010
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ashley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Dennis L Ashley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
Locations & DirectionsINDIVIDUAL PPO CONTRACT, 219 Nogales Ave Ste D, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Dennis L Ashley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.