Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis H Rapa
Dr. Dennis H Rapa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Natick, MA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Rapa is affiliated with Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Dennis H Rapa has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Rapa seems to know his stuff, but he's not a very communicative person and didn't take time to explain medicine changes or new routines. Also he has a strong prejudice against Lantis. His office is in the stone age, they are not set up to take credit, debit or PCS cards. I don't think his secretary even has a computer on her desk.
Dr. Rapa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Dennis H Rapa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCharles River Medical Associates, 67 Union St Ste 108, Natick, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dennis H Rapa in this video.
Dr. Dennis H Rapa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Natick, MA.