3.1

Have you seen Dr. Dennis L Thomas?

A Reckless, Paranoid Physician.

From my first visit with Dr. Thomas, I realized there was something "off" about him. I continued to see him simply because I did not want to look for another doctor. My visits were always very brief and pleasant for over 5 years. Over the last few years, his practice switched from sending off urine analysis to a lab to doing an "at home" analysis. Suddenly, he begins telling me, on more than one occasion, that I have drugs in my urine that I know I have not taken. After the second time my urine showed a false/positive, I asked him to send the urine off for a professional analysis. He turned red and began screaming at me like a lunatic while I calmly told him that his test was flawed. He told me that I was telling lies and taking "any drugs that I could get my hands on". As I left his office I encountered nurses standing in the hallway, mouths open looking at the source of the doctor's anger. I immediately called my husband in tears. I began thinking my own husband could have been slipping me drugs that I didn't know about. I was confused and humiliated. In my 45 years, I have never been treated with such unwarranted disrespect. A few weeks later, I received a letter from Dr.Thomas. He advised that he sent my urine off for a professional analysis and it showed NO evidence of any medications that were not supposed to be in my system. I was relieved to know that the truth was eventually acknowledged but very disappointed that he didn't have the decency to apologize for his behavior (in front of his staff and in earshot of other patients). This man is incredibly cynical and when he gets angry, he becomes irrational and seems to forget about HIPPA/patient confidence. It takes more than a medical degree to become a good doctor. A good physician has common sense and compassion - two qualities lacking in Dr. Thomas.

A Good Caring Doctor

Dr. Thomas is my primary care doctor and I have nothing but good things about him. I feel he is a good, caring doctor and he seems to have my interst at heart. I trust his judgement and recommend him to everyone.

Dr. Gokli, Dr. Thomas, and Joe treat you well and in my opinion are good doctors. Because of the professionalism of office staff (front counter) I have to rate low on courtesy/professionalism of office staff, and bedside manner as the front counter personnal are the first repersenatives one encounters. Especially the one who is seated to the left as you enter, is to say the least, the rudest one of all. I think this is because of the office manager, Michelle, who is totally rude and unprofessional and passes this indifference of attitude on to her staff. Because of this if there were any health care providers closer I would surely drop Chickahominy Family Practice and go somewhere else. I will also pass this impression on to all that I know via all avenews of information technology.

My Family Doctor

Dr. Thomas is a great doctor. He has always took the time needed to treat my family and I, He is thorough on his examinations and follow-ups. I would rather have Dr. Thomasevaluate my conditions than any other doctor I know. He is kind,professional,true gentleman and a great Doctor.

Horrible

Miss-diagnosed me for years!!!! No bedside manner AT ALL. Does not listen and acts as if you are a bother for needing his "precious" time. Would give a zero but don't have that option. Definitely DO NOT recommend this doctor, if you can call him that.

An addiction specialist??

Dr. Thomas became my loved one's doctor after I researched him online and found out that he prescribes suboxone. This is a drug that is used to treat opiod dependence and my loved one had recently gotten addicted to pain pills. We went to see him and I (who am not a specialist in addiction at all) knew more about it than him. He didn't care at all and just prescribed the drug. He didn't even drug test my loved one to see if he, indeed, had opiates in his system!! That is protocol. Then, his patient did get clean with the suboxone, but ran out of medication and it has taken 3 days to get more. Again, not protocol. Not to mention, this prescription can NOT just be stopped this way. It causes withdrawal and can cause the recovering addict to relapse in order to not feel the terrible withdrawal. Luckily, they didn't relapse but had to miss work and I had to "care" for them until the appointment. They were rude and disrespectful to me and my loved one and I would like to report him to the AMA. I have never done something like that, but this is too outrageous to ignore!! Please: heed this warning- Dr. Dennis Thomas does NOT have the knowledge/experience to prescribe this medication and is very irresponsible with his dispension.

Dr. Dennis L Thomas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Quinton, VA.